“All you can ride” carnival tickets for the Arkalalah Festival will be available to purchase starting Monday/Oct. 3.
Tickets can be purchased for $15 at RCB Bank, Union State Bank’s downtown branch, Community National Bank & Trust, and the Arkalalah office at the Convention and Visitors Bureau, 106 S. Summit St.
Tickets are on sale until noon Oct. 26, then they will be available for purchase at the carnival for $18 apiece.
The “all you can ride” periods will be from 6 to 10 p.m. Oct. 26 and from 1 to 5 p.m. Oct. 28.
“This is the one week every Ark City citizen looks forward to. This is the week reunions happen,” Arkalalah Executive Committee chairman Michael Morgan said of the annual fall festival.
“(This is) the one week it takes 30 minutes to walk one block because every few feet, you run into someone you haven’t seen since last Arkalalah. This is the one week you get to make a meal plan that includes pork burgers, chicken and noodles, Jeffy pups, and Knights sausage. And that’s just for lunch on Wednesday. Arkalalah is the one week you can tell people you are going to the pool hall at 10 a.m. and no one bats an eye.”
Also, Arkalalah shirts now are available for purchase at Graves Drug in Arkansas City. They come in purple or black.
Adult T-shirts are $15 and youth T-shirts are $12. The long-sleeved shirts come in gray and are $18 for adult or $15 for youth.
The hooded sweatshirts are purple, and they are $25 for adult and $20 for youth.
“As Bon Jovi once told us, ‘The more things change, the more they stay the same.’ Even though we have added more things to the lineup, such as opening night fireworks, (a) corn hole tournament and dodgeball, it is the traditional things we hold most dear,” Morgan said.
“Whether it is running in the 2-mile run, coming back as reigning queen to our coronation or eating pancakes Saturday morning with our family, everyone has their perfect picture of what Arkalalah is.”
2016 Arkalalah class reunions
- The Arkansas City High School ’50s decade reunion will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 29 in the RCB Bank Community Room (formerly known as the CornerBank Community Room).
- The ACHS class of 1966 will hold its 50-year reunion Oct. 28-29 at First Council Casino Hotel. Friday night is free for each classmate and one guest. Saturday night is open with registration. Call (620) 366-1115. The cost is $25 per person, and includes dinner and a live band. The festivities start at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 29.
- The ACHS class of 1986 will have its 30-year reunion at 7 p.m. Oct. 29 at Chestnut Avenue Venue, located at 3120 E. Chestnut Ave. Call Becky Speck with any questions at (620) 660-0030.
- The ACHS class of 1991 will have its 25-year reunion from 7 p.m. to midnight Oct. 29 at the U Paint It studio, located at 220 S. Summit St.
- The ACHS class of 1996 will have its 20-year reunion from 5 to 11 p.m. Oct. 29 at Quality Inn, 3232 N. Summit St. There will be a disc jockey and a $25 cover charge.
- The ACHS class of 2006 will have its 10-year reunion from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Oct. 28 at Quality Inn, 3232 N. Summit St. Snacks will be provided, but bring your own libations. Cost is $5 to enter.