At the end of the December Cowley County Community College board meeting, a motion was made to change the college name to Cowley College.
As usual, the subject was not on the agenda, no support was provided for the change and the motion was passed with no discussion.
The board, as usual, only said yes and did not ask why.
Questions that should have been asked were the following:
- What will it cost in paper, programming, signage (probably several $100K)?
- Have other Kansas community colleges made such a change?
- Will the change confuse people?
- Is this change a result of the Wellington campus?
- Since it will no longer be “Cowley County,” will the Cowley County taxpayers no longer provide $5 million per year?