The Arkansas City Board of Education approved a hardware lease for a Ricoh copy machine June 13.
This is the first step in purchasing equipment to create a joint print shop with USD 465 in Winfield, with the assistance of Twin Rivers Developmental Supports.
The joint print shop operation will be located at Strother Field.
At a previous board meeting, the agreement for this joint venture was approved.
Two identical copy machines, one leased by each district, will be housed at Twin Rivers.
A request for quotes was sent to nine vendors for the high-volume hardware.
Submission options were presented because part of all the proposals did not precisely meet the needs of the district.
It was determined that alternate submission software is available independent of the hardware.
Ricoh had the lowest cost and was evaluated highest on the rubric when only the cost of the machine and click charges were considered.
Board chair Joe Woodard asked if the price of the machine and printing would go down as a result of the lease and printing agreement.
Director of Business and Operations Jeri Crumbliss said the cost would be less.
Board member Dr. Aaron Watters did not attend the meeting.
In other business, the board:
- unanimously approved an amended agenda to include the addition of action item 2.5.
- unanimously approved the consent agenda.
- unanimously approved new certified staff members Shanna Brown, social studies teacher at Arkansas City Middle School; Amy Lawson, elementary art teacher; Joleigh Leffew, elementary teacher; and Christopher Naylor, English teacher at Arkansas City High School.
- unanimously approved classified staff resignations from Tiffany David, SAT at C-4 Elementary School; Caleb Hall, custodian; and Karen Weller, family service worker at Head Start.
- unanimously approved certified staff resignations of Kayla Goodwin, first-grade teacher at Frances Willard Elementary School, and Melissa Rogers-Paton, pre-kindergarten teacher at Roosevelt Elementary School.
- unanimously accepted a five-year grant for Head Start services.
- unanimously approved the agreement and addendum authorizing USD 470 to contract with Compass Group, Chartwells Division, for district food services, effective July 1 and subject to final approval from Kansas State Department of Education Nutrition Services.
- unanimously approved the Student Technology Use Agreement as presented.
- unanimously approved the proposed application to extend duration of Head Start services (supplemental funding), including the proposed budget and expenditures.