USD 470 Superintendent Ron Ballard will give a “State of Public Schools” address at the upcoming Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce’s Noon Networking Luncheon on April 25 in the Wright Room at Cowley College’s Brown Center.
A soup, sandwich and salad lunch will be catered by Great Western Dining.
Reservations are open to any community member. Call (620) 442-0230 for details.
Ballard will present the challenges that the Arkansas City Public School District faces, and its plan to make a positive difference in children’s education and the community’s future.
Ballard said he specifically will touch on details of several programs planned for next year, which include:
- major grants for USD 470;
- all-day kindergarten with funding;
- a blended preschool program;
- expansion of the Head Start program, thanks to a federal grant;
- exploration of community day care and an Early Childhood Center;
- an agreement with Cowley College for expanded learning opportunities;
- staying current with technology and workplace expectations;
- finding, hiring and retaining high-quality teachers.
The Ark City Area Chamber’s Noon Networking Luncheons are intended to provide an opportunity for the development of community, serve as a venue for networking among professionals and community members, and act as a place to provide education and information for chamber members and the community.
This information was provided by Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Kammy Downs.