It seems fall is upon us, whether we were prepared for it or not.
This time of year always means casseroles in my family, which suits this busy period.
I can assemble a casserole the night before and leave it in the fridge.
Then whoever gets home first can put it in the oven to cook.
This recipe is another of my great-grandmother’s hearty and tasty, but simple to create, concoctions.
- 2 cups uncooked Minute rice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1 small jar sliced pimiento
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- dash of pepper
- 2-3 cups cooked, boned chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
Mix all of the ingredients together and pour them into a greased 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender.