“It was great to see so many of our friends and donors out at the Duck Dash this year,” said Cowley College vice president for institutional advancement Ben Schears.
“The support they give every year helps to raise scholarship funds for deserving Cowley students so they can afford to pay for college.”
The Great Cowley Duck Dash, which featured a duck race, raffle and duck squat, has raised nearly $300,000 for student scholarships during the past 19 years.
Cowley College President Dennis Rittle entertained the crowd as the master of ceremonies for the races.
Edward Jones was the winner of the duck race and the $1,000 cash prize. Jana Wooderson was the winner of the duck squat and was awarded $500. There also were raffle winners at the event and 694 ducks sold for the duck race.
Great Western Dining catered the dinner.
- Remington 870 12-gauge camouflage pump-action shotgun, provided by Reedy Ford and Home on the Range — Brandi Gibbs;
- Rejuvv’ Spa package consisting of a facial, one-hour massage and reflexology treatment, provided by Tracie Gordon — Kody Virden;
- Four tickets to see Journey and the Doobie Brothers at Intrust Bank Arena, plus a $100 gift card to the River City Brewing Company, courtesy of Ben and Rachel Schears — Becky Tapia;
- Cowley County flyover, wine basket and $50 gift card to The Millington Place Eatery in Winfield, provided by B Four Flying, Friend of the Foundation, and Joyce and Steve McArtor, respectively — Dianne Allison;
- Barbecue basket, provided by Union State Bank, and $100 gift card to WB Meats courtesy of Steve English, Trust Company of Kansas — Dr. Harold Arnett;
- Duck race $75 heat winners — Lisa Grose, JC and Donna Louderback, Brooke Istas, and Chris and Johnice Dancy;
- Losers race winner — Mark Richardson.
This information was provided by Cowley County Community College Director of Institutional Communications and Public Relations Rama Peroo.