The Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce presented Creekstone Farms Premium Beef with the November STAR Award on Nov. 29.
Creekstone was honored for its ongoing delivery of excellent products with an international presence, as well as its willingness to collaborate with the city’s businesses, civic groups, and nonprofits and be a positive partner in the Ark City community.
The Small Trade Achievement Recognition Award is given monthly to one of more than 300 chamber member businesses in the area. It is awarded when a business owner or staff member has shown exemplary achievement in community involvement or other outstanding accomplishments.
Creekstone Farms is known for its premium quality beef and pork products by providing carefully controlled high-quality feeding and state-of-the-art processing practices. Its system is unmatched in the beef industry.
“The Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce salutes Creekstone Farms Premium Beef for their outstanding contributions to our community and excellent meat products,” said Kammy Downs, chamber president and chief executive officer.
In addition, Creekstone Farms contributes to the following Ark City businesses and civic groups, as well as many organizations in the surrounding communities of Cowley County:
- 4-H Shooting Sports;
- After Prom;
- Angels in the Attic;
- Ark City Christian Academy;
- Ark City Tumbleweeds;
- Arkalalah Festival;
- Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce;
- Arkansas City Convention and Visitors Bureau;
- Arkansas City High School cheerleaders;
- Arkansas City Middle School;
- Arkansas City Police Department — DARE Camp;
- Arkansas City Police Department — National Night Out;
- Arkansas City Police Department / Arkansas City Fire-EMS Department — Battle of the Badges;
- Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor;
- Beta Sigma Phi;
- Boy Scouts;
- Christmas in the City;
- Cowley College;
- Cowley County 4-H;
- Cowley County Humane Society;
- Cowley County Sheriff’s Office;
- Cowley Cup;
- First Presbyterian Church;
- First United Methodist Church — ESL program;
- Frances Willard Elementary School;
- Girl Scouts;
- Habitat for Humanity;
- Hillcrest Bible Baptist Church;
- K-State Research and Extension Cowley County;
- Lions Clubs;
- Lowell Elementary School in Winfield;
- Relay for Life — several teams and overall event;
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church;
- South Central Kansas Medical Center.
This information was provided by Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Kammy Downs.