The Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce is kicking off an art and music crawl Dec. 1.
The night’s festivities will start with an after-hours event from 5 to 5:30 p.m. at the chamber office, located at 106 S. Summit St. It is sponsored by Advanced Lawn Care.
Thursday night’s crawl is the introduction to an ongoing series of similar events that will take place every fifth Thursday in 2017, similar to Wichita’s Final Fridays. The Fifth Thursday crawls are planned for March 30, June 29, Aug. 31 and Nov. 30.
“Meet up with friends and visit the participating businesses that are featuring local artists and musicians,” event organizers said. “This is just the beginning of what we anticipate will be a much loved event for everyone.”
Full schedule of crawl artists
From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., people may visit the following chamber member businesses to meet these artists and enjoy their work:
- Reedy Ford, 3319 N. Summit St. — Betsy Robinson, photography, and Julie Sutton, oil paintings, with the Arkansas City High School Jazz Band (from 6 to 7 p.m. only);
- Zeller Motors, 3021 N. Summit St. — Vaughn Bryant, paintings;
- Orscheln Farm & Home, 2715 N. Summit St. — John Postelwait, wood sculptures;
- MidAmerican Credit Union, 1601 N. Summit St. — Tom Schmidt, oil paintings, and Fred Taylor, wood carvings;
- Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce, 106 S. Summit St. — Dixie Colquhoun, photography;
- Hot Stone Spa, 110 S. Summit St. — Cheryl Post;
- Ark City Daily Bytes, 115 S. Summit St. — Krystina DeLeon, visual arts;
- Bee’Tween Friends, 206 S. Summit St. — Paisley Howerton, photography;
- Transformations, 207 S. Summit St. — Tyler Ross, photography;
- Land Rush Antique Mall, 208 S. Summit St. — Rikki Johnson, drawings;
- Graves Drug, 212 S. Summit St. — Liza Ben Vaughn, photography;
- Sparks Music, 315 S. Summit St. — Lane Turgeon, music.