The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) is partnering with the Cowley County Economic Development Partnership to present free “Understanding Regulations” workshops in Cowley County.
To best accommodate attendees, two dates and locations have been scheduled:
- noon to 1 p.m. Feb. 28 — Water Treatment Facility training room, located at 400 W. Madison Ave. in Arkansas City;
- noon to 1 p.m. March 7 — Cowley County Courthouse Assembly Room, located at 311 E. Ninth Ave. in Winfield.
KDOL’s “Understanding Regulations” workshops are overviews of Kansas unemployment tax requirements, including:
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Liabilities;
- Process to Apply for a Unemployment Insurance Tax Account;
- Steps for Filing Tax Returns;
- New Hire Information;
- State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES and SIDES E-Response);
- Clarifying the Difference in Classifying a Worker as an Employee or an Independent Contractor.
These free workshops will be presented by Kansas Department of Labor trainer Ly Tran.
This information was provided by Cowley First Administrative Assistant Deb Firebaugh.