Cowley County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputies were dispatched to the 22000 block of 122nd Road for a report of two people beating on the caller’s door.
The caller advised the two people had come to repossess their vehicle.
The caller’s husband apparently got the vehicle back and left the area.
The caller advised she did not know he had got the vehicle and did not know where he had gone.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 13000 block of 21st Road for a report of goats on the roadway.
Contact was made with the owner who was to get them back in their pen.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 6000 block of 51st Road for a report of a burglary alarm.
The alarm company called to ask the deputies to disregard.
Contact was made with the property owner and there was no valid alarm.
- Deputies arrested Angelina Etta Ruth Vardy, 29, of Arkansas City, in the 1000 block of North B. Street on a Cowley County District Court warrant for failure to appear.
She was transported to and booked into the Cowley County Jail on that warrant.
Vardy since has posted bond and been released.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 300 block of West Skyline Road to assist with a medical call.
- Deputies took a report at the Cowley County Courthouse in regards to a lost or stolen Kansas handicap placard.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 3000 block of 322nd Road for a report of gunshots heard in the area.
Nothing was located in the area.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 6000 block of 51st Road for a report of a burglary alarm. Contact made with a family member and there was no alarm.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 7000 block of 312th Road for a report of a one-vehicle, non-injury accident regarding a vehicle that went into the ditch, struck a drain pipe and rolled onto its side.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 6000 block of 312th Road for a welfare check on two pedestrians in the area.
Contact was made and they did not require any assistance.
- Deputies took a report at the Cowley County Courthouse in regards to a report of a possible sexual assault that occurred out in the county.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 12000 block of 151st Road for a report of a neighbor’s dog attacking the caller’s cat.
Contact was made with the owner of the dog who was going to call the owner of the cart.
- Deputies were dispatched to call a person in the 4000 block of U.S. 166 for a question about landlord / tenant issues.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 21000 block of 85th Road for a verbal domestic disturbance. Upon arrival contact was made with both parties and the verbal disturbance was over.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 3000 Block of 202nd Road for a report of a one-vehicle, non-injury, car-deer accident.
- Deputies attempted to stop a red in color Mustang for a traffic violation, fail to maintain a single lane, left of center, and no headlights in the 13,000 block of U.S. 166.
After activating the emergency lights, the driver failed to stop and instead attempted to flee.
Deputies continued to pursue the vehicle east on U.S. 166 to 151 Road where the vehicle then made a U turn in the middle of the intersection and at this time, Deputies were able to verify the driver as Sage Breeze Martin, 32, of Arkansas City, who had an active warrant out of Arkansas City Municipal Court.
Martin then fled westbound on U.S. 166 and passed a vehicle without signaling in the 12000 block of U.S. 166.
Spike strips were deployed in the 11000 block of U.S. 166 in which the vehicle had successfully hit them and flattened the two front tires.
The vehicle tires were spiked again at 81st Road and U.S. 166 flattening the right rear tire and the vehicle continued westbound on rims.
At the roundabout at U.S. 166 and U.S. 77 the vehicle was successfully spiked again by Arkansas City Police Department Officers, flattening the left rear tire.
The driver then drove through the roundabout and then went south on the bypass.
The vehicle continued south, on rims on the U.S. 77 Bypass to Madison Avenue and turned west.
The driver then turned North onto F Street and approximately 4 blocks north of Madison
Avenue, Martin fled on foot from the vehicle towards the west where he was taken into custody approximately 30 yards from his vehicle location by Arkansas City Police Officers and Sheriff’s Deputies.
Martin had a firearm on his person.
Drug use paraphernalia, drug sales paraphernalia and approximately a half pound of methamphetamine was also recovered during the investigation.
Martin was transported to and booked into the Cowley County Jail for the following charges; possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell, possession of drug sale
paraphernalia, criminal use of weapons, aggravated weapons violations by a convicted felon, possession of marijuana, possession of drug use paraphernalia, no drug tax stamp, drive while driver’s license is cancelled or suspended, no proof insurance, felony flee or elude law enforcement officers, and reckless driving.
He is being held in lieu of $25,800 connected to this incident and in lieu of $225 for failure to appear in the Ark City Municipal Court.
Martin remained in custody at the time of this report.
- Deputies were dispatched to the 6000 block of 322nd Road for a report of a burglary alarm. Contact made with the property owner and there was no alarm.
- Deputies drove upon a one-vehicle, non-injury, car-deer accident in the area north of the roundabout on the U.S. 77 bypass.