The countdown to the 42nd annual Last Run Car Show is nearing its end.
The car show is put each year on by the Ark City Tumbleweeds car club.
“Ark City Tumbleweeds membership is made up of individuals from many different walks of life with a common interest in cars and the enjoyment of related activities,” according to the club website.
Since 1976, Arkansas City has marked the last full weekend in September with one of the largest — and last — car shows in Kansas.
The event kicks off Sept. 22 and runs through Sept. 24. Some of the highlights of Last Run this year include:
- 6 p.m. Sept. 22 — kickoff party;
- 7 a.m. Sept. 23 — vendor booths open;
- 9 a.m. Sept. 23 — craft show doors open;
- 10 a.m. Sept. 23 — model car show;
- 12 a.m. Sept. 23 — car judging begins;
- 5 p.m. Sept. 23 — downtown cruise;
- 8 p.m. Sept. 23 — Joe Durt concert at the historic Burford Theatre;
- 12 p.m. Sept. 24 — awards and trophies announced.
All of these events will be held at the Agri-Business Building, located at 712 W. Washington Ave., unless otherwise indicated. More information can be found at www.actumbleweeds.com.