The annual Miss Cowley County, Miss South Central and Miss Walnut Valley Pageant is set to begin at 7 p.m. Jan. 14.
The pageant will be held at Cowley College’s Robert Brown Theatre, located at 215 S. Second St.
The primary focus of the Miss Walnut Valley Organization is to bring scholarship and leadership opportunities to women in the Cowley County area, according to the Miss Walnut Valley Organization.
This pageant is a preliminary pageant leading up to the Miss Kansas pageant and then on to the Miss America pageant.
Contestants will compete in four categories — private interview, swim wear, talent and evening wear.
They are able to do the following by competing in this pageant:
- Earn scholarship awards for college.
- Gain community service experience.
- Gain public speaking experience.
- Learn to formulate and present their views on important issues.
- Grow in self-confidence, grace and social skills.
- Set goals and work toward physical fitness.
- Learn to meet new people with confidence and maturity.
- Advocate a platform by expressing personal views on a critical issue.
- Develop a performance talent.