WINFIELD — Mosaic will be host to two “Discover the Possibilities” tours in the coming weeks at its Winfield facility.
Mosaic partners with people who have intellectual disabilities to provide a meaningful life in a caring community, giving a voice to their needs.
These tours, which last approximately 50 minutes, provide Mosaic with the opportunity to show the community how it helps those with intellectual disabilities. The tours also include a free lunch for those who participate.
Those who would like to attend should call Nancy Mair at (620) 229-8702 ext. 13 to reserve a spot. Mosaic is located at 2120 E. Ninth Ave.
The following are just a few of the services provided by Mosaic:
- Group Living — Mosaic provides 24-hour support for several residential homes in Cowley County. The provided support assists people on a level consistent with their need. Mosaic thinks each person is capable of growth, development and learning when exposed to the appropriate opportunities.
- Supported Living — Many people receiving supported living services are in their own homes. Staffing is provided on a schedule to meet the needs of each person.
- Shared Home Program — Shared homes provide people with the opportunity to live with and become part of a family in the community. Shared home services are available in both Arkansas City and Winfield, in addition to Butler and Sumner counties.
Mosaic day services
- Day Activities Program — Mosaic offers people the opportunity to experience a meaningful day through social skill development, life skill training and group activities in their communities.
- Work Services — The work services program helps people to meet their goals by providing them with opportunities to develop job skills. These skills help people to obtain and successfully maintain employment on-site and throughout the community.
- Case Management — This case management service promotes the well-being of people served by assisting people with coordinating, identifying, obtaining, selecting, and utilizing both paid services and natural support services to enhance their independence, productivity, and integration.
- Recreational Opportunities — The organization thinks people should be provided with opportunities to attain wholeness of life, including the satisfaction of recreation. Community resources for recreation help to meet the social and leisure needs of people. Trips to movies, sporting events, parks and museums are vital to supporting growth in people’s lives.
- Spiritual Opportunities — As a faith-based organization, Mosaic encourages spiritual nurturing and growth. With the assistance of staff and volunteers, people are encouraged to participate in the religious services of their choice. Mosaic strives to work with all religions to promote inclusion within various faith communities.