Two local bank open houses and another appearance by Santa Claus highlight a variety of Christmas-themed events next week.
Many of these events were announced recently by various local businesses and nonprofit organizations.
The week’s fun will kick off with two appearances from 1:30 to 3 p.m. by Santa at the City-Cowley County Health Department.
He will be at the Arkansas City office, located at 115 E. Radio Lane, on Dec. 12 and at the Winfield office, located at 320 E. Ninth Ave. Suite B, on Dec. 14.
Photos with Santa are free. For more information, call (620) 442-3260.
For a list of some of Santa’s other planned local appearances this month, visit wp.me/p7A1jR-47y.
Union State Bank open houses
Union State Bank has announced its schedule of Christmas open house events:
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 14 — 10111 E. 21st St. N. Suite 100 in Wichita;
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 14 — 127 S. Summit St. in Arkansas City;
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 15 — 2327 N. Ridge Road in Wichita;
- 1 to 4 p.m. Dec. 15 — 119 W. First St. in Udall;
- 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 15 — 1329 N. First St. in Arkansas City;
- 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 15 — 823 Main St. in Winfield (featuring the Viking Voices at 2 p.m.);
- 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 15 — 2100 Pike Road in Winfield;
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 20 — 1740 SE Washington Blvd. in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
Refreshments will be served at all open houses for free. Union State Bank calendars for 2018 will be available while supplies last.
For more information, visit MyUnionState.com or call (866) 557-0060.
RCB Bank open house events
RCB Bank also will be host to Christmas open houses next week at its two Ark City branches, located at 125 N. Summit St. and 2019 N. Summit St.
Both open house events will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 15. Refreshments will be provided.
Visitors may enter for a chance to win a gift certificate from WB Meats, but do not need to be present to win.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (855) 226-5722.
Alderbrook Festival of Wreaths
Alderbrook Village invites everyone to stroll through its beautifully decorated community and admire stunning Christmas wreaths, sponsored by local businesses.
The Festival of Wreaths will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 16 at Alderbrook Village Assisted Living, located at 402 E. Windsor Road in Arkansas City.
Wreaths will be auctioned during this festive event and proceeds will benefit the Blessing Boxes of Ark City.
Visitors may enjoy hors d’oeuvres and immerse themselves in the sights, sounds, and tastes of the season.
Call Cindy Kegley at (620) 442-4400 to RSVP. Like Alderbrook on Facebook @AlderbrookVillage for more information.
Quail Valley Christmas party
The Farm at Quail Valley will be host to an open house and Christmas party from 6 to 10 p.m. Dec. 16.
The whole family will enjoy this Christmas experience, according to an event flyer.
Free Clydesdale horse sleigh rides will be offered throughout the farm’s lighted grounds.
Hors d’oeuvres and drinks also are free. There will be a cash bar, Christmas music and door prizes.
“This is a free event, so come see what we have to offer!” the flyer states.
The Farm at Quail Valley is located at 9315 194th Drive, 1 mile south of Winfield off Greens Farm Road.
For more information, call (620) 402-6781.
Giant stocking giveaway
1025 The River will be giving away a 6-foot-tall Christmas stocking full of goodies from eight different locations throughout Cowley County.
The giveaways will take place Dec. 21. Register to win at any of the following locations:
- Absolute Vapor — located at 1801 N. Summit St. in Arkansas City;
- Angels in the Attic — located at 109 S. Summit St. in Arkansas City;
- Orscheln Farm and Home — located at 2715 N. Summit St. in Arkansas City;
- Pool’s Body Shop — located at 1925 E. Ninth Ave. in Winfield;
- Sassy Lady Cafe and Antiques — located at 503 Elm St. in Burden;
- Timber Creek Floral and Gifts — located at 1307 Main St. in Winfield;
- Two Rivers Co-op — located at 300 South D St. in Arkansas City;
- Winfield Pharmacy, located at 1708 E. Ninth Ave.
For questions, call (620) 442-1102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.