Follow these instructions to bake up thick, fudge-y brownies topped with extra cream cheese peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate!
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 to 10 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease or line an 8- by 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler. If microwaving, melt in 25-second increments, stirring in between, for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
Whisk the sugar into the melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs to ensure you will have perfectly fudge-y brownies!
Let brownies cool before frosting. For the frosting, combine all of the ingredients and beat at medium speed until smooth. Spread over the cooled brownies.
For the optional drizzle, melt the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave. Check the mixture every 15 seconds and stir it until it is melted completely.
Drizzle over frosted brownies.