The Arkansas City Police Department is hiring police officers again.
ACPD has several key requirements that applicants must be able to attain, including:
- proven knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques and equipment;
- the ability to demonstrate skill in operating the tools and equipment utilized by a police officer;
- the ability to learn applicable laws, ordinances and department regulations;
- the ability to perform work requiring established physical standards;
- the ability to communicate effectively, including giving and receiving verbal and written instructions, and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, supervisors, and the public;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions;
- the ability to learn Arkansas City’s geography.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen who is able to read and write the English language. Anyone who is bilingual is strongly encouraged to apply.
Prior to being hired by ACPD, applicants must finish the following components of pre-employment testing:
- written test;
- polygraph examination;
- psychological examination;
- Physical Capacity Profile (Level 3);
- drug screening;
- alcohol testing;
- criminal history and background checks.
Applications are available online through www.hrepartners.com.