The Arkansas City Public Library has many activities planned for all ages this month.
Children’s activities range from a weekly story time at 10 a.m. every Wednesday to a special “no school” movie day at 1 p.m. March 19.
The movie to be shown is “Ferdinand.” The movie day can be attended by all ages.
Children aged 6 or older can attend without an adult, but an adult’s contact information must be given when the child is dropped off.
At 4 p.m. Friday, a birthday party will be held for Dr. Seuss.
“Let’s celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest children’s authors that lived,” said Jordan Self, outreach and programming librarian.
“We will have treats and play party games.”
Other kids classes
In addition to these activities, the following also will take place:
- 4 p.m. Monday — In the STEAM program, kids will learn about science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- 4 p.m. Tuesday — Kids get to come and make their own butter in this cooking class.
- 10 a.m. March 20 — Kids game day will feature board games and bingo.
- 4 p.m. March 27 — Kids will make their own Tic-Tac-Toe game with glass pebbles and burlap bags.
Teen, adult classes
Teens and adults have their own activities scheduled for this month, starting with a crafting time dedicated to creating a rustic candle holder.
This class starts at 6 p.m. March 15.
A1 Carpet and Restoration will be host to a “home hack” class.
“We are very excited to have professionals come in and help us with hacks for our home,” Self said.
“Come learn from professionals how to identify dangerous mold, (what to do) if you have a flood in your house … and carpet cleaning tricks.”
This class begins at 1 p.m. March 17.
Self also has put together a teen lock-in for this month.
Its theme is DC vs. Marvel. At this event, costumes are not only welcome, but encouraged.
“Come enjoy food, games and movies. … Bring any other items you may need throughout the night,” Self said.
This event will begin at 7 p.m. March 24 and end at 7 a.m. the next morning.
There also will be the following activities for teens and adults:
- 4 p.m. March 21 — A book club meeting will feature “The Woman in the Window,” by A.J. Finn. Snacks will be provided. Copies of the book can be picked up at the library.
- 6 p.m. March 26 — The knitting and crocheting library group meets at this time. This group is open for all experience levels.
Other movie nights
There will be two additional movie nights this month.
Popcorn is provided for both of these events, but attendees will need to bring their own drinks.
Children younger than 13 will need signed permission slips to attend.
The first movie, “Murder on the Orient Express,” will begin at 5:30 p.m. March 7.
The second movie, “Jumanji,” will begin at 5:30 p.m. March 28.
The Arkansas City Public Library is located at 120 E. Fifth Ave.