The first in a series of art crawls organized by the Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce will be held next week.
Artist and musicians will display their talents from 4 to 7:30 p.m. March 29 at a series of local businesses as part of the quarterly Fifth Thursday Art and Music Crawl.
A raffle featuring two prize winners will be part of the first crawl. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Ark City Fourth of July fireworks fund.
The prizes are a gold Ark City commemorative necklace donated by Schmidt Jewelers and a “Fun Night at Home” gift basket donated by Angels in the Attic.
Tickets will be available at all of the participating business locations.
The winner will be drawn and announced at 8 p.m. at the Burford Theatre, located at 118 S. Summit St.
- Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor — “Art Is Ageless” exhibit, with a performance by the Arkansas City Middle School choir;
- Becker Tire — hosting Mandolin Monroe;
- Osage Apartments — hosting Karen Craig and Kammy Downs;
- Angels in the Attic — hosting Ark City Christian Academy students;
- Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce — hosting Cowley College students;
- Burford Theatre — hosting Carter Humphries;
- Taylor Drug — hosting Fred Taylor;
- Family Life Services — hosting a musician;
- Arkansas City Public Library — hosting Piper Thompson;
- RooJax Company — hosting photographer Tyler Ross.
In addition, the Cowley College Art Club will have a bake sale to benefit their club at the chamber of commerce office.
Sponsors include 1025 The River, 107.9 The New, Ark City Daily Bytes, the Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce, The Cowley CourierTraveler, Elite Advertising, KSOK Radio, MidAmerican Credit Union and The Trust Company of Kansas.
For more information, visit www.arkcitychamber.org.
This information was provided by Arkansas City Area Chamber of Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Kammy Downs.