South Central Kansas Medical Center will be host to its own job fair this month.
The job fair will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Sept. 22 in the main lobby of the hospital, which is located at 6401 Patterson Pkwy.
There are many job openings at the medical center, including several that are not related to medicine.
Those who attend will be able to learn about these current openings and apply during the job fair.
“SCKMC is a great place to work. We have a very dedicated staff to the health of Cowley County,” said employee Michelle Belindo.
“I feel that SCKMC is a very caring facility to patients and the employees. I am proud to be the materials manager at SCKMC.”
Applicants also will be able to discuss positions one-on-one with SCKMC hiring staff.
“I have enjoyed working at SCKMC throughout many years. The employees are very good team players” said nursing secretary and purchasing assistant Tammie Demo. “SCKMC operates as a family. We are very caring toward each other, as well as to the community.”
Some of the jobs that currently are available include:
- emergency room registrar (full-time and part-time);
- full-time cook;
- full-time emergency room registered nurse;
- full-time emergency room technician;
- full-time financial counselor;
- full-time maintenance technician;
- full-time OB/GYN registered nurse;
- full-time radiology technician;
- full-time staff accountant;
- medical courier;
- medical/surgical registered nurse (full-time and PRN);
- part-time housekeeper;
- physical therapist;
- respiratory therapist (PRN);
- South Central Kansas Clinic receptionist;
- temporary communications and fundraising manager.