The City of Arkansas City recently donated several items for a countywide time capsule that was dedicated Aug. 4 during the Cowley County Fair in honor of the county’s sesquicentennial (150th) anniversary.
The items included (clockwise, from top left):
- The exciting progress of the Etzanoa Conservancy is represented by an Ark City Daily Bytes news clipping and two Cowley CourierTraveler clippings, an Etzanoa brochure, and a picture of students working at the archaeology field school;
- A list of many ongoing city projects was included, the most prominent of which is the new Water Treatment Facility, where this 100-year-old glass bottle was unearthed during construction;
- The bold vision of the Wilson Park Master Plan is represented by a brochure and a news article detailing the unveiling of the flythrough video;
- The recent grand opening of the new McDonald’s will be memorialized with this VIP party invitation;
- And, of course, no submission of time capsule items would be complete without a piece of memorabilia from Ark City’s most famous cultural event, Arkalalah!
This information was provided by City of Arkansas City Public Information Officer and Special Projects Coordinator Andrew Lawson.